Located in the heart of Caversham just a stone's throw from the Thames, we are a small independent café and bakery. We pride ourselves on our wide selection of fair trade and organic teas and coffees as well as our freshly baked bakery treats and sourdough bread, along with our café menu with hot and cold food inspired by Georgia and the world. In the evenings we transform into a home style restaurant, serving traditional Georgian dishes as well as regular theme nights. We also stock a selection of artisanal products such as honeys, preserves, oils and more from local small scale producers and fresh sourdough bread baked daily by our bakers in the bakehouse upstairs.
When the weather is smiling on us our sun-trap patio garden is the place to be and for those greyer days our cozy indoor space is the perfect place to get out of the weather and warm up with a hot drink.
If you're feeling a bit peckish while you enjoy your coffee we are here for you. Whether grabbing a quick breakfast, having brunch with friends or whiling away a lazy afternoon with tea and cakes, we have you covered. With a menu featuring everything from Georgian street food favourites, such as Khatchapuri and Chakhokhbili chicken stew, through to café classics, such as omelettes, soups and toasties, we have something to suit every taste and mood. We also have a bakery counter stuffed full of cakes and other freshly baked goodies to either way in or take away. Both the menu and the counter always feature vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options, so there's always something for everyone.
We're going to be launching our new project 'RG Bread' and we need a logo, so who better to go to than the people of Reading.
You don't have to be an artist, just a simple sketch of an idea could win you a fresh loaf of bread every day for a year!
You're probably now wondering "what is RG Bread?" Well… read on…
We bake our bread upstairs at Geo-Café, just north of the river in Caversham, and after hearing from folks that our bread is 'really good' we wanted to develop this further!
The bread will be made and sold locally, and over time we hope to develop this into a social enterprise giving employment and training opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access to them.
We'll also be looking at unusual grains from all over the world, to bring more interesting flavours to the party and celebrate our diversity in the global society as well as reflecting the international nature of our team. So, how do you enter then?
To enter all we need from you is a quick sketch of your idea. It must include the text "RG Bread" and the more focus on the Reading link the better. Just send your design to : firstname.lastname@example.org and that's it!
Full competition rules are below in 'Small Print' section.
'RG Bread' logo competition rules:
● Participants must be 18 years old or over, or have written permission from their parent or guardian
● Staff members at geo-cafe, RG Bread and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter
● Entrants must be living within an RG postcode to be eligible.
● There is no limit to the number of entries a person may submit
● Entries must be submitted as an image This can be an electronic or physical image submitted by any method listed below. Electronic images should not be more than 1000x1000px and in a common image format. In case of issues reading an image format, we will contact the entrant.
● The person submitting the entry must have full rights to all imagery included in the entry.
● By entering you agree to transfer the copyright without restriction of the imagery contained within the entry to RG Bread to develop into a trademark in the event of winning
● Entries may be submitted in any of the following ways:
○ In person at Geo-café, 10 Prospect Street, Caversham, RG4 8JG along with contact details
○ Via email to email@example.com
○ Via private message through any of our social media platforms.
● The winner will be decided by a panel consisting of staff at Geo-cafe and RG Bread. The panel’s decision will be final.
● The winning entrant will be contacted via their method of entry (or details supplied with in person entries) to confirm address eligibility. Data provided for address verification will not be held after verification is complete
● Prizes to be collected in person from Geo-café, 10 Prospect Street, Caversham, RG4 8JG during normal opening hours.
● The prize consists of one (1) regular sized sourdough loaf of bread per day for 1 calendar year (365 days). In the event of the cafe being closed on any given day, the competition winner will be contacted to sort out an alternative arrangement.
● The prize is non-transferable.
● These rules may be amended at any point. Last revision: 2019-07-24